When committing to a fitness style diet plan, one of the first things you may be told is to start eating chicken. The baked-chicken-for-dinner-every-night stereotype rings true for many serious fitness professionals…but, it’s not without reason.
Here are just a few reasons to eat chicken as part of your fitness diet:
- One cup of chicken has 38 grams of protein, and 19 grams of fat (hit those macros)
- Rich in vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, and even vitamin K
- Chicken is affordable and readily available
- Versatile flavor profile, easily added to any cuisine
- Available for purchase either raw or ready-to-eat
You don’t have to live the baked chicken nightmare. There are other ways to get the nutritional value of our favorite feathered friend, without turning dinner into a chore. Here are three chicken recipes ideal for anyone trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
This recipe takes just under 30 minutes to prep and cook. They are spicy, tangy, and absolutely delicious, so…should take about 5 minutes to eat.
Chicken is classic paleo, but if you want a paleo chicken recipe with a little bite, this enchilada bake gets the job done. It has great enchilada favor, minus the preponderance of carbs.
…This is basically baked chicken breast. Sorry guys and gals, but this one is a staple for a reason. This recipe uses parchment paper to lock-in moisture; promising simple chicken that you can look forward to eating.
What’s your go-to chicken recipe? Share the good food: comment below!